Thursday, February 7, 2013

About



My fitness background is quite diverse including all of the usual sports such as football, basketball, baseball, and wrestling, as well as running, cycling, and triathlon. During my early adulthood I was certified to teach and opened a Kung Fu and Tai Chi school and this formal education in traditional martial arts opened my eyes to the idea of a balanced fitness program.

All of my previous experience when combined with study and later certification as a personal trainer through the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF), I realized that although there is a wealth of knowledge out there, most people are confused as to which direction they should take...that is, for those who actually want to know and apply that information.

Why Free?

"They" say that in order to be happy as an adult, your work should be something that you love. There is definitely plenty of money to be made in the billion dollar fitness industry but as a personal trainer, I found that much of what I was doing was business (marketing and promoting, devising and re-devising payment plans, paperwork, etc) that comparatively little of my time was devoted to the fitness part.

In addition, while there are plenty of people out there who simply want to know what to do, there are far more who hire a trainer because it's the "in" thing or worse; they think that personal trainers will somehow cast a magic spell and they will get their results (they don't want to do the work). My desire is to educate; to give people the understanding of what to do and when and not to be relied upon day in and day out to provide motivation; that's just not me.


Ultimately, my hope is that I will earn a little money from advertising and/or from those willing to donate after using the information successfully. But if not that's okay too, I can rest much easier moonlighting as a trash man who has helped someone get healthy as opposed to getting paid by someone that is convinced that the more they pay, the greater their results will be.

Good Luck!
Steve Robinson NCSF-CPT

No comments:

Post a Comment